Saturday, March 10, 2012

The end marks a new beginning


Tonight is it. Tonight, I walk across the Franklin Pierce High School Cafetorium stage. I will have gray hair and wrinkles, and spout for too many religiously judgmental things, but I know that I will be 100% present in that moment.

I will stand with my cast one last time.

I will hold Allycen’s hand, my bowing buddy at the end of every show.

And then, I will cry.

Bet you didn’t see that coming! (OK you probably did)

I will cry because it will be the end. I have poured my heart and soul into the FPHS theater program for the last four years, and it all will culminate in a final bow. I’m going to miss backstage dance parties, Saturday morning set days, and the inside jokes that make my heart burst with joy. Trust me that I will never forget the fantastic moments I’ve had.

While I will be sad tonight, I won’t be sad forever, for I will tackle new things, exciting things.

Moving to a new state.

Making new friends.

Learn about my future career.

And tell other people about my life back home.

Unfortunately, this chapter must close. There is no way around it. But the end of one chapter means the start of a new one. Am I ready for that? I think so. At least I will be when the time comes to start writing me new chapters. But, for right now, I will live in the moment and let these chapters end in their entirety. Because nothing is more beautiful than living in the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment