Sunday, February 12, 2012

Where my shoes will be (Part 2 of Let it go)


So, if you have just started reading this blog, I encourage you to read the last one. Go ahead, I’ll wait.

Now that we are all caught up, here is where the sstory continues.The speaker at the event then continued to say that he regretted not ever facing his fears and going in the deep end. “How many times are not going in the deep end where life is more exciting, where we need to be?” As I’m sitting on the floor with hundreds of other kids I don’t know, God spoke to me. He told me where I’ll be attending school next year.

Next year, my shoes will have sand on the bottom. They will be sticky from spills at amusement parks. They will be wet from sweat, not rain. (I realize that’s gross, but we all have feet that sweat.) They will be taking me on adventures in Fullerton, California. That’s right ladies and gentlemen; I’ll be attending Hope International University in the fall. That is my deep end. That is taking a chance, but I know that’s where God wants me. I will be majoring in family and youth ministry and learning about a culture I desire to change. I will be taking a chance, but God will be right there, holding me. AND I’M SO EXCITED!
Please pray for finanacial assitance to come through and that fear wouldn't get the better of me as I get closer to my departure.

No comments:

Post a Comment